Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A mix of Traditional & Modern African Kitchen

I have posted alot of different kitchen Ideas but then something strikes me....where is my root...we have a proverb in Swahili that says "mwacha mila ni mtumwa" more like "he who abandons his culture is a slave."

So I dug up different pictures that captures the simplicity of the kitchen in my African Rural home to date. back then there was no fancy electric stoves, no fridges, blenders, microwave just few containers to get meal meal prepared and life was supper amazing and super easy.

But then as you look through this pictures you will noticed some are modernized but the idea is still traditional so to say. Enjoy going through them and smile as you recall the good old days.



Even when it was all smokey cooking was possible........:)


African Jiko...Loving the Tradition

A touch of Traditional & Modern.



No comments:

Post a Comment